Poorly set up workstations can put your employees at risk of injury. Sitting for prolonged periods of time with poor posture or using the wrong equipment can lead to back and/or neck pain, and joint problems such as pain in the arms.
The Display Screen Equipment (D.S.E.) Regulations (1992), state that every employer shall perform a suitable and efficient analysis of workstations to assess risks to which those persons using them are exposed. Back in Action UK’s ergonomic consultant physiotherapists will help you, the employer, ensure that your legal requirements are met.
At Back in Action UK, we are equally skilled at providing desk-bound workstation assessments for those working at computers in the office environment as we are at providing workstation assessments for those who are non desk bound and work on factory floors or drive vehicles for example. Our Work Station Assessments will provide expert assessment, analysis and advice on your employee’s work area and the tasks that they carry out, relative to their personal abilities. The aim of the assessment is to identify any risk factors which may be causing current or potential musculoskeletal problems, or may be reducing work performance and productivity.
The assessment will include:
- An assessment with the employee at their work station which will take between 30-60 minutes depending on their needs and the findings from the assessment.
- Recommendations and solutions for changes related to work equipment, desk set up as well as the work practices of the individual,
- Professional help sourcing the most cost effective equipment if required
- Advice on return to work plans if applicable
- All the above will be documented in a detailed, written report.