Remote Display Screen Equipment Assessments
The recent pandemic has accelerated the flexible working trend with many changing their working practices overnight. It looks like these new practices are here to stay. As an employer, you’ll be aware you have a duty of care to protect your employees from the health risks of working with DSE such as PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
Left unchecked, new remote and working-from-home setups, could be creating a medley of musculoskeletal issues and unnecessary equipment purchases. But there’s good news! With years of experience providing clients with remote DSE’s prior to the pandemic, we’ve been able to respond to an increased demand effectively.
With our support, you can avoid potential problems. We do this by…
- Providing a remote personal DSE assessment with one of our ergonomic physiotherapists to identify problems and stop symptoms before they occur. For instance, avoiding that carpal tunnel syndrome or postural neck pain as a result of a poor working setup.
- Carrying out these remote DSE assessments via a secure video platform – so you just simply need to be sitting at your desk with your phone or device to receive the video call from the physiotherapist.
- Supporting employers with a coordinated approach to get their employees setup safely – and in most cases without new equipment.
We’re not affiliated with ergonomic furniture or equipment suppliers so you can rest assured that we try to avoid expensive equipment recommendations unless absolutely essential.
Our remote DSE assessment will include:
- A 30-60 minute remote DSE assessment with the employee at their desk or work-station.
- Recommendations and solutions for changes related to work equipment, desk set-up and work practices of the individual.
- Professional help sourcing the most cost effective equipment (only if essential)
- Advice on return to work plans if applicable
- A written report detailing finding and recommendations and sent to the employer provided we have the employee’s consent to do so.
Same-day assessments can often be arranged.