Poor lifting and handling techniques can increase the risk of your employees developing a new or reoccurring musculoskeletal injury. It can also cause poor productivity and absence from work which leads to a loss of millions of pounds each year to UK businesses. 40% of all work-related absence is due to manual handling injuries yet in many cases it could be prevented.
Back in Action UK’s interactive on-site Manual Handling Courses are led by one of our experienced Ergonomic Consultant Physiotherapists and designed specifically for employees who are carrying out lifting and handling tasks as part of their work. We deliver bespoke training that is compliant with all relevant standards and current best practice.
The training includes:
- The employer’s and employee’s responsibilities for HSE compliance.
- Basic spinal anatomy and biomechanics
- Common types and mechanisms of manual handling injuries
- How to identify and reduce risks of manual handling relative to work practices and individual behaviour (method of lifting, posture, benefits of exercise etc.)
- How to identify and reduce risks of manual handling relative to the task, the load, the working environment and the individual capacity.
- Demonstration and practice of basic handling techniques
- Discussion of manual handling problems specific to employees.