Back in Action UK maintains an underlying and long standing commitment to ethical practice based upon the belief that business can be both profitable and responsible. We have always believed that building meaningful long term relationships with employees, suppliers, and our clients, is good business practice and is what our customers expect of us. This is, and always has been, the founding principle of our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
Our declared values are:
- Professionalism, transparency, ethicality and accountability;
- Respecting equality and diversity;
- Commitment to services of the highest standard;
- Responsiveness towards our stakeholders.
We will endeavor to adhere to these values in all of our activities, and we will strive to be an exemplar of good practice.
Back in Action (UK) aims to:
- Respect the rights and dignity of every employee and treat him or her fairly and without discrimination.
- Promote the health and well-being of our staff through the encouragement of a healthy diet and lifestyle, free access to the gyms where they work, and through access to free on-site physiotherapy
- Encourage team-building and the sharing of knowledge throughout the organisation.
- Provide a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees.
Back in Action (UK)’s environmental policy is as follows:
- We will encourage environmental responsibility amongst our stakeholders, including clients, suppliers, and staff.
- We will conduct our operations in a way which minimises our consumption of natural resources and manages waste through responsible disposal and the reuse and recycling of materials where practical and economically feasible.
- We will comply with all legal requirements.
- We will include environmental considerations in our purchasing and procurement processes
- We will make the most efficient and effective use of all resources, encouraging all staff to develop this approach in their working practices
- We will identify and implement cost-effective energy and water conservation measures
- We will reduce the amount of waste generated and disposed to landfill through a waste minimisation and recycling programme.
- We will minimise carbon emissions from business travel
- We will regularly review our progress in relation to this policy.
- We will work with and support Charitable Organisations, and encourage staff to participate in relevant schemes
- We will enable staff who wish to undertake voluntary activities to do so and give them the time and opportunity to participate in charitable events
- We will support staff members who take up positions with local charities and third sector organisations.
Staff involvement and contribution
- We will adopt an inclusive approach to our environmental practice, inviting staff suggestions, comments, and actions.
- We invite our staff to make annual green pledges at home and at work in order to each lead more environmentally and socially conscious lives. These can be found here.